Monday, November 30, 2009

Eat to Live NOT Live to Eat

I am utterly amazed that I have lost another couple of kilos'. My weight this morning was 76.8. My goal weight range is 65 - 69 kgs, so not far to go till I reach the upper goal range. It is very exciting and all this since 13th June 09.

Before I went away the loss had slowed down to a trickle. Must have been the little bits of spicy food I ate in Bali that has tripped me along again on the road to my goal weight.

So far I have not regretted for one minute having had the surgery. I have not experienced any of the severe "Dumping" that I was warned of prior to surgery. I think this is because I have been very diligent in watching what I eat, always high quality food, high in protein. This is not to say that I have not had the occasional sweet, biscuit or an ice cream, but I have been careful not to over indulge, as I didn't want the "Dumping" to happen. On the one occassion that I had two squares of chocolate, I did get a minor case of the runs.

Food: I find that I am eating a lot of Chicken, mostly I stir fry a little chicken with some veggies and mushrooms, serving it in a little Chinese bowl makes me feel like eating is special. Steak has to be very tender for me not to feel uncomfortable after eating a little of it. Stews are OK as the meat is normally really tender.

A normal day for me is to have Uncle Toby's Oats (about 3 tablespoons) with Skim Milk; Yogurt for morning tea; Oriental Crepe with sweet chili sauce (only eat about a 1/4 of it at lunch, one lasts me two days); rice crackers for afternoon snack or a few grapes; Stir Fried Chicken and Veggies with Oyster Sauce sprinkled over it; after dinner I will occasionally have a yogurt ice block.

I do try to make sure that I drink my 1.5 litres of water, some of this can be made up of tea, coffee or diet soft drinks.

No comments: